Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunshine and a Sweet Surprise

The sun is finally shining today, so I have been outside enjoying it for a while.

This pink geranium spent the winter in the garage; I brought it out last Sunday (just in time for it to enjoy a week of cold and rain), and it is already starting to bloom. Amanda gave it to me last year for Mother's Day; thank you again, Manda!
These little petunias volunteered; I am going to have to dig them up and put them in a pot. David mowed around them last week; they won't be so lucky next time.

This purple verbena survived a winter outside. I love tough flowers.

Molly doesn't like to have her picture taken. When I went to check the mail, there was a package full of old Workbasket magazines from the 40's, sent by my friend Pamela. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. Thank you Pamela! I love them!
Look at those precious little kittens! It also shows them appliqued on a baby's bib.
A crocheted poodle!!! How cool is that?
I LOVE this potholder; I can't wait to make it! There are tons of old crochet patterns in these magazines; lots of inspiration for designs to come.

Thanks again, Pamela! You are so sweet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That poodle is too funny! What issue is that? I need that pattern.

Ann said...

It is the June, 1945 issue. It says: Volume 14, Number 9. The poodle is on page 29. Good luck!

crochethuahua said...

You are most welcome Ann!

vicki mashurn said...

Hi Ann~ What I like best is which doilies in the book is all of them~ And the blog comment( so I dont have to look to see it) bellacrochet etsy.com ( I Heart your Esty shop) Your give a way contest~!

Unknown said...

I love the Workbasket mags. A few at years ago at an estate sale I found issues from 1944-45, I believe that's right. I Love the old patterns so I was very excited.I'm sure they are the same ones because I have the poodle I paid 1.00 for the books and .25 for a case full of hooks! the hooks were a great treat they are so old, two ivory, even though 1 is broken I still have it.
Let me Know if you've tried the poodle.

Cheryl