Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Threadie's May 2015 Crochet Along (CAL)

I just finished my doily for the Threadie's Facebook group's monthly Crochet Along.
 
This month, we are making the stunning 'Summer Splendor' doily, designed by Denise Owen.
You can find the pattern here:
Summer Splendor

I decided to go a little nuts with the colors this month. I picked out all my favorite shades of pink and green, then added soft yellow as an accent color. I changed colors on almost every round. 

It is so much fun to see all of the different color combinations folks are coming up with!
It is not too late to join us if you would like to. We would love to have you!
You can join the group here:
Threadies
I hope you will join us!

9 comments:

deebriese said...

I really wish I could join. Due to personal reasons I do not belong to facebook, how sad you have to belong to social media these days

Charlotte said...

Beautiful! I belong to the Threadies group. I tried opening the pattern link but when it opened I couldn't read because of the busy background!

Mindy said...

Lovely!!! I made this pattern in a plain and simple ecru color, but this is spectacular! I really need to be more brave with color usage... ;-)

Ann said...

I wish you could join us too, Denise!

Charlotte, you can print the pattern and the background will not show up. You can also copy and paste the pattern into a word document. Where there is a will there is a way, lol!

Mindy, I like to experiment with the CAL doilies; I can use color combinations I would not normally use in a design.

Kymber N said...

Charlotte if you click on the page and hit the ctrl and a key, it will highlight the text turning it white and making it much easier to read.

Innie said...

I cannot find your FB group. The only Threadies I could find were related to teddy bears by UNICEF. Please help me find you. Thank you.

Carolyn said...

Hi, I cannot read your pattern due to the busy background it's on. Would you please post the pattern on plain white background? Thanks!!

Ann said...

Carolyn,
That is not my pattern, I am just sharing the link. "Summer Splendor" was designed by Denise Owens, and that is her website. Unfortunately, the website has not been active for many years.
The background does not print if you print a copy of the pattern, so perhaps you could try that.
Ann

CÁSSIA VALÉRIA TREVIZAN said...

Beautiful. Loved the colors.