Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Crochet Scarflette Set

I know, I know. I said I wasn't going to start another set until I finished up the ones I already have going. But that is not really how my creative process (such as it is) works. The cold hard truth is, that as much as I love my thread designs, the ones that sell the best for me are my quick and easy yarn designs. Economic times being what they are, I was thinking about what I could do that would appeal to the most customers. I came up with this set, which is indeed, SUPER quick and easy, since I just started it Sunday afternoon and I already have 4 finished (plus two that didn't work out.) I am going to make at least 2 more to go in this set, so I should have it finished by the end of the week. I am also finally going to break down and buy a manniquin to photograph them on. These little scarflettes (or neck warmers or collars or what ever you want to call them) are fun to make. I have about a dozen sketches for different ideas, so there is no telling how many I will wind up with!
And on another happy note, the Easter Basket Doily was picked up by e-patterns central!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean, we have to go where the money is, especially right now. But these are beautiful, just like all of your designs.