Friday, December 18, 2009

My Christmas Bonus

Betty's Tidings of Joy doily
Marie's beautiful doily

A while back, I did a post on Elizabeth Hiddleson, and how touched I was by a letter she wrote to her customers. In essence, it said something like "I publish my crochet designs to make a living, but it makes me feel wonderful to know that my designs are bringing happiness to you as well."
I have received several lovely emails recently, saying that many of you are making some of my designs as Christmas gifts. I cannot tell you how happy that makes me!
Betty wrote about her "Tidings of Joy" doily:
"I made this for an elderly lady that loves doilies. It brought tears to her eyes. I've never had a gift go over so well."
Thank you, Betty, reading your email brought tears to my eyes!
Marie made her doily as a gift for her daughter. She changed the design by omitting some of the poinsettias, which is what I hope everyone will feel free to do. Personallize them, and make them your own!
I put a lot of love into each one of my designs, and I hope it always shines through. I feel blessed to be able to crochet full time now, and I appreciate all of your support. Thank you all, for making it possible for me to do what I love!

5 comments:

crochethuahua said...

Everyone did such a fine job. Your designs are so beautiful and I am constantly on the look-out for the hard-to-find ones.

Cindy said...

I have just recently found your blog and I've got to say your patterns are amazing! Thank you for sharing them with us. Merry Christmas!

Ann said...

Thank you Crochethuahua! You are the Doily Queen, and I value your opinion!

Thank you, Barbara! I am glad you found my little blog. Merry Christmas you and yours!

Nile e Richard said...

Oi Bella.
Lindíssima está toalha.
abçs.Richard.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too bad I'm such a sloppy crocheter, & this wouldn't look as nice if made by me...
8-)