Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Possum

I have a kind of unusual fondness for possums. For many years, I lived in a little community that was called the "Possum Capital of Texas."
 We even had a Possum Festival every fall.


So, I was very happily surprised to see this little fellow in the pear tree in my front yard this morning.

Isn't he cute?
Rosie didn't know what to think about him, she wanted him to come down from the tree and play with her (not a good idea!)
I wonder if I could crochet a doily of a possum hanging from it's tail in a persimmon tree?

7 comments:

byhooks4u said...

a possum doily? Hmm......

Mindy said...

Ha ha!! That would be fun! ;-)

Jeanne Feijó Machado said...

Que linda imagem. Para o crochê tudo é possível, não sei se retrataria tão bem o bichinho, mas ficaria bem parecido. Vale a pena tentar. Bjs.
Jeanne

Charlotte said...

I'm glad you think they are cute cause I sure don't. Sorry, that's what you get from being from the South! These are pests although some people find them mighty tasty! Ugh!

Ann said...

I am from the south, Charlotte, and while I wouldn't want to pet one, I do think they are cute. (And I wouldn't eat one, either, lol!)

Ann said...

I am from the south, Charlotte, and while I wouldn't want to pet one, I do think they are cute. (And I wouldn't eat one, either, lol!)

Lee Ann said...

Cute possum-cute Rosie! Great photos! :)
Lee Ann
Crochet...Gotta Love It!